Peggy Baker Dance Projects’ 2019/20 Emerging Artist Program
Call for Submissions
Peggy Baker Dance Projects is pleased to offer our third annual Emerging Artists Program in 2019/20, taking place intermittently from August 2019 - March 2020. This program is an exceptional opportunity for four emerging dancers to deepen and expand their artistry by training and rehearsing alongside our company dancers, under the direction of Peggy Baker.
This multi-faceted program will include varies remunerated and non-remunerated activities:
- special involvement in our Dance Educators' Seminar / August 6 - 9, 2019
- full participation in our week-long August Intensive / August 19 - 23, 2019
- reconstruction of the duet from Phase Space and scenes from who we are in the dark, staged by company dancers and coached by Peggy Baker / weekdays - September 16 -25, 2019
- classes with Resident Dance Trainer Christine Wright
- shadow our company dancers in rehearsals for upcoming new work.
- performances of the duet from Phase Space and scenes from who we are in the dark performed at local schools / Weekdays September 27 – October 3, 2019
- dancers with the requisite technical skills may also be invited to demonstrate for Peggy Baker’s technique classes at Canada’s National Ballet School – September through November – for which they would be paid according to CADA standards.
Applicants must submit:
- a current CV / one page max
- an artist’s statement describing your values and aspirations in relation to dance / 200 words max
- a statement describing why this opportunity is of interest to you / 200 words max
Submissions should be sent firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, May 3, 2018 at 12pm
Candidates chosen to audition will be contacted by Tuesday, May 7, 2018.
Auditions for this program will take place at Canada's National Ballet School, Studio 5B on Sunday, May 19, 2019.
9 - 10am / registration and warm-up
10 - 11:45am / class
12 - 1pm / repertory 1
2 - 3pm / repertory 2
3:15 - 4:30pm / repertory 3