RBC Emerging Artists Program
Through the generous support of RBC, Peggy Baker Dance Projects is able to offer the exceptional opportunity for three emerging dancers to deepen and expand their artistry by training and rehearsing alongside our company dancers, under the direction of Peggy Baker.
This multi-faceted program will take place intermittently from August 2017 through February 2018, and includes:
- our week-long August Intensive / August 14 – 19, 2017
- 2 weeks of rehearsal alongside one of three professional dancers preparing a solo choreographed by Peggy Baker for our Toronto season
- 10 hours of individual coaching with Ms. Baker
- a matinee showcase performance of the solo at The Theatre Centre / Friday, February 23, 2018
- 6 weeks of daily classes with Resident Dance Trainer Christine Wright, aligned with the unique schedule of each emerging artist
There is no remuneration for participation in this program. However, of the three emerging artists chosen for this program, dancers with the requisite technical skills may also be invited to demonstrate for Peggy Baker’s classes at Canada’s National Ballet School – September through November – for which they would be paid according to CADA standards.
Applicants must submit:
- a current CV / one page max
- an artist’s statement describing your values and aspirations in relation to dance / 250 words max
- a statement describing why this opportunity is of interest to you / 250 words max
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com no later than 5pm, Friday, April 7, 2017.
Candidates chosen to audition will be contacted by Monday, April 24.