The Choreographer’s Trust In Action
The Choreographer’s Trust was a ten-year initiative that enabled Peggy Baker to share six dances from her outstanding repertoire with thirteen remarkable dancers. Now that it is complete, we embark upon the exciting journey of seeing dancers across the country animate these materials, either independently or in partnership with Peggy Baker Dance Projects.
Recent examples of The Choreographer’s Trust In Action include:
- Sylvain Brochu staged excerpts of Yang on students at L’École de danse de Québec
- Kate Holden’s performance of this body of memory / Brahms Waltzes for firstthingsfirst (you can read about it on our blog or insidetoronto.com)
- Peggy Baker’s multiple residencies with Leica Hardy School of Dance in Dartmouth, NS
- A two week company residency at the University of Calgary in 2013, which included both teaching and performance
- Charles Cardin-Bourbeau performed Brute for the The School of Dance in Ottawa (you can watch a coaching session with Peggy Baker on their Facebook page)
- An upcoming residency at Rosedale Heighs School of the Arts working on Unfold with Grade 12 students.